Made from scrap

Made from scrap
All's well

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Another Watery Post

I am just whizzing off a post because it is too ironic not too.  I am not aching too bad after last nights swimming.  It is a very cold wet day here today.  I went to work and all the windows were steamed up, which I thought was very strange, then noticed a flood!  My shoes are soaking so I have come home for wellies and a quick caffeine boost.  No children in today but somehow we are expected to be on site and sort a flooded building.  With a broken mop and two broken water sucker hoover type thingies!  It never rains but it pours.  It feels filthy in there.  Somehow the hot tap was left on over night!  What a watery mess.  Water water every where and not a drop to drink!  Every room is soaking wet, apart from two, one of which is mine.  Ahhh there is a God!  Mopping must be a great activity!  I better swig this coffee and go....  xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's some unexpected excitment for sure! I've experienced several floods and I can't say the clean-up is ever fun. Hopefully you all can get the place dried out and cleaned up before classes tomorrow. Keep the coffee brewing and best of luck!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? Crikey...good luck with the clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleh sounds awful :( Hope you managed to get cleaned up and sorted. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end we had to phone a company, a man came with a magic machine and sucked all the water away, all that is left is a bad smell! The damp has warped all the wood in the kitchen on the wooden doors. Tut tut! Glad it wasn't at home! What a strange day...

      Delete
  4. Think of all the calories you will be burning mopping away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence. The building I work in was flooded last weekend, by an emergency shower in the first floor. Wet ceiling parts had fallen on phones and computer equipment. Only 3 rooms in the ground floor were not affected, one of which is mine. All the others have to undergo stripping of carpets, wall paper, and ceilings, then heavy drying, then renovating. Half of the people working on our floor have moved to a container-building, some have found a corner for their desk in the dry offices. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuk, not a nice job Lucy. It's going to be a bit pongy in there for a while too I expect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Urgh, hope you get it all dried out soon, horrible job :-(

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy reading all of the feedback from your comments. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. Sadly I have found it necessary to enable word verification, something I was trying to avoid...but I am receiving an unmanageable deluge of Spam! We don't want that do we? xxx :)